- I repeat a series of good actions three times, and thus I should systematise and automate them.
- The event that indicates when the SOP should be used.
- Steps needed to complete the SOP.
- Steps may need to be completed in sequential or parallel manner.
- Sequential steps need to be completed in the order given. The user will read the SOP and then do the appropriate steps. Sequential steps are indicated by numbers.
- Parallel steps may be completed in any order. The user will do the steps from memory and then confirm that they have been done. Parallel steps are indicated by bullet points.
- Nested steps can be used to indicate a set of steps required to complete a parent step. Nested steps are indented under the parent step.
- Content is maximally concise to ensure that everything detailed in the SOP is absolutely necessary to achieve the SOP.
- Steps are written such that anyone could pick it up and follow it exactly.
- Describes the goal that is achieved when the SOP is followed.
- URLs for web pages that provide additional useful information for completing the SOP.
- A document that I can easily read and update to implement good systems.